At 06:06 PM 12/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>ASP isn't all that bad.
>
>Although ASP is not as easy as CF, it's language is much cleaner.
>
>I have found that CF has irregularities in some of the way coding is
>done.  For example sometimes you need # signs in front of variables,
>othertimes you don't.
>
>In anycase, ASP is "free" with IIS, and if that is all that is available it
>ain't all that bad actually!

Well, you'd like to think ASP is free with IIS and you'd be partly right.
Unfortunately the ASP that is free with IIS doesn't include all of the
functionality available in ColdFusion and you have to purchase server
extensions for that. So it's free if you want only the included
functionality and otherwise you ending up paying for it. And it's silly
stuff too, like file uploads. I'm not sure how much the server extensions
cost (there are apparently a lot of them) but you could theoretically end
up paying more for the same functionality. Theoretically.