Unfortunately in this case the client specifies the label sheets and I just
build the reports and they are full sheet stuff.. probably from an ink
printer. I've the Dymo's before though.  I used CSS and print features to
get them to come out alright.. but not great.

I happened across this REALLY old tool for label printing that looks
fantastic and uber-simple so far:
http://www.ghidinelli.com/2003/07/03/cf_averyrtf-12-available

It seems to build avery labels based on the model # of the page and in so
abstracts the futzing with margins etc by exporting the prepared doc via RTF
to word.

I haven't implemented yet but the example looked stellar and even includes
bar codes for mass mailing compliance with the USPS.

I'll let ya know later today if it works as good as it sounds.

Dan