I'm just starting with Flex and I'm totally discombobulated.  I've been
doing ColdFusion for about 10 years, using Homesite, then CF Studio, and now
Dreamweaver to develop stuff on remote servers (I work from home).  Now I'm
trying to get started with Flex and I'm completely confused as to how you
can develop stuff remotely.  Is it just not possible?  Do you develop it
locally and then just move the swf file to the server?  What about the
remote data connection? How do I connect to my CFCs on the remote server?
How am I supposed to compile stuff if my local computer is not a web server?
The SDK install instructions say:

Ensure that the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed on the computer
and that the java_home/bin directory is defined in the system path. JRE 1.4,
1.5, or 1.6 is required. For 1.4, JRE 1.4.2_06 or later is required.

How would I even find out if JRE is running on my laptop?

I'm just.lost.  Can y'all pretend I am a total idiot & explain this to me
with very small words, pretty please?

Jen Perkins
Adobe Certified ColdFusion Developer
Senior Developer, iArchitects

 <http://www.iarchitects.com/> http://www.iarchitects.com

iArchitects :: Your Internet Solutions Team
Architecting Internet Solutions since 1999