On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Ian Skinner <h...@ilsweb.com> wrote:

> I take it that a CFML template defined to be used as a missing template
> hander does not process Application.cfc as a normal template does.
>
> Does anybody no the scoop about this?

Well, according to the docs, you're supposed to either output the "Sorry,
Page Not Found"-type message in the onMissingTemplate itself, or cfinclude
it from another location.  If you're asking whether the cfincluded page will
process Application.cfc again, I'd think not.
If you're doing a cflocation inside the onMissingTemplate, I'd say it will
process again.  The docs say not to use cflocation (or other such
mechanisms) presumably for fear of throwing yourself into recursive hell
(which means yes... the Application.cfc will process again).

--
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.