Charlie Griefer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Ian Skinner <h...@ilsweb.com> wrote:
>

>> I take it that a CFML template defined to be used as a missing template
>> hander does not process Application.cfc as a normal template does.
>>
>> Does anybody no the scoop about this?
>>

> Well, according to the docs, you're supposed to either output the "Sorry,
> Page Not Found"-type message in the onMissingTemplate itself, or cfinclude
> it from another location.  If you're asking whether the cfincluded page will
> process Application.cfc again, I'd think not.

Yes, we use a main Application.CFC that does a lot of work that
ultimately provide a good deal of the look and feel for your site.  I
was a bit surprised when I ran a 404error.cfm as a missing template
handler that it did not include any of this.  I had to manually add and
call the ca_templates.CFC that is responsible for wrapping all our
content in a template.  For normal file this CFC is put into the
application scope and called in onRequest to wrap the content.