From: Don Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 10:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Regular Expressions - Programming Interface?

Per a discussion at last night's CFUG,

Is anyone aware of any programming interface that would help new programmers
learn to write regular expressions?  Preferably Perl-style REs, but actually
I would be interested to see if anyone has some kind of "regular expression
builder" or programming interface for CF, Perl or any RE-capable language.
I am not sure what this would look like, but like many of us I have been
casually writing REs by hand for the last 8 years and I don't remember ever
seeing anything to assist new programmers other than books.

thanks for any info,

Don