Thanks Barney,  that sounds interesting.

Taking your model to the practical level, that would imply that when
the admin users are maintaining the database they'll see a product
update form, that also includes a list of products to flag as being
associated.     When they're  updating the products in the cleaning
chemicals category for example, they'll see checkboxes against mops,
buckets they can add to the associations for that product.

Is that kind of how it would work?

Then on the display side of the site,  the customer pages would
populate the 'related items' box with items on  special,  associated
products and finally actual purchases?   Is that how you'd see it?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month