That said, with Java (or more properly, the JVM) being support, any
Java application that follows the AppEngine rules can run on
AppEngine.  Out of the box, I doubt any of the CFML engines follow the
AppEngine rules, but making that the case is a job for the CFML engine
vendor, not Google.  Google has already done all they need: expose a
JVM.  So while Google likely has zero interest in CFML, they're not
the gate, the CFML engine vendors are.  Google has already done all it
needs to.

That said, CFML on AppEngine doesn't seem like a huge win to me.  CFML
makes simple things simpler.  If you're building an app for AppEngine
you don't get a relational database.  You don't get a filesystem.  You
don't get a lot of "normal" things.  CFML is centered around those
"normal" things and reducing the friction for using them to as close
to zero as possible, so it's value proposition is significantly
reduced on AppEngine where that streamlining is irrelevant.

But I know someone will get a CFML app on there, simply to be able to
say it can be done.  ;)

cheers,
barneyb

--