> If I am using an Application.cfc, would there be any
> benefit of putting the structure into the application
> scope, then never deleting it?

It certainly couldn't hurt.  I chose to do it the way I did because I wanted
it to be completely self-contained and drop-in friendly regardless of the
settings on the site/server it was deployed to.  Making the structure
permanent also encourages it to be used as the primary means of protection
for a long period of time.  It's designed as quick front-line protection
until the application itself has been updated and protected from within.
Putting the structure into an application variable would help speed up
subsequent page loads, but the performance gain would probably be
negligible.

-Justin