http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090511/D9848CA00.html

I don't agree with this school's stance on dancing, rock music and
hand-holding, but I agree they have a right to have these stances and
that others can choose to agree with them to attend the school.  There
was another story yesterday that said the father also disagreed with the
schools stance.

I presume this is a private school that this boys family is paying for
him to attend...

With that assumption, I have these questions:

Why pay to go to a school you and your family don't agree with?

Why advertise you are going to go to a prom against the schools rules?
I guess it could be a small enough town that doing so would somehow get
back to the school, but I can't imagine that the school as undercover
dance detectives going to these forbidden functions looking for rule
breakers, would they?