At 07:35 PM 5/19/2009, you wrote:
>The error logging throttle needs some work (tries to prevent duplicate
>error emails, etc.), but overall, I'm liking this approach mucho.

   I gave up on emailing myself every error message.  I use gmail and
it was refusing mail because I was getting too many.  So now I log
the errors to a database, and set up a scheduled task to send me one
email every morning with a listing of the errors from the previous 24
hours. It gives me a frequency distribution of the errors, so I can
see which is the most important.  Almost all of my errors comes from
hack attempts.