On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Al Musella, DPM wrote:

> At 07:35 PM 5/19/2009, you wrote:
>>The error logging throttle needs some work (tries to prevent duplicate
>>error emails, etc.), but overall, I'm liking this approach mucho.
>

>   I gave up on emailing myself every error message.  I use gmail and
> it was refusing mail because I was getting too many.  So now I log
> the errors to a database, and set up a scheduled task to send me one
> email every morning with a listing of the errors from the previous 24
> hours. It gives me a frequency distribution of the errors, so I can
> see which is the most important.  Almost all of my errors comes from
> hack attempts.

I was thinking that I didn't want my database filling up either--
basically trying to cover denial of service type deals from every
angle.

Course, there's still the application logs themselves, which I haven't
tackled yet (if ever).

And there's some element of danger to letting your apps be so, um,
resilient?  (thinking killer robots here ;])

--
One must laugh before one is happy, or one may die without ever laughing at all.
Jean de la Bru