I need to replace my aging NT 4.0 / CF 4.0.1 Pro server with new hardware,
Win2K Adv. Server, and CF 4.5.1.  At Verizon, we can only perform this kind
of change during the late night hours.  So, to save time at night, I'd like
to build the new server during the day, migrate the content, and then just
swap the hardware that night.  No problem there.

However, to maintain compliance with our company's server naming standards,
I need to rename the new server once it's online so it will have the same
name as the old server.  Has anyone done this before?  If so, has anyone run
into any problems or quirks?  Forewarned is forearmed...

Thanks,

Eric A. Laney
Systems Engineer
Verizon IT

"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by the
sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all." - Douglas
Adams