I did that once in my life and will never try it again!

NEVER rename the server. Nothing will ever work again and you have to
reinstall everything (That was on Windows NT 4.. maybe windows2K is better..?)

  I would approach it differently...
     Just build it offline. Don't connect it to the network. Name it the
same as the other server, and use the same IP address as the other server.
.. Use an old  backup to get the directory structure, so you can set
permissions, and set up the web server.. (if you don't have a tape drive on
the new server, burn a CD with the old data, transfer it to the new server
on CD, but don't forget to remove the read-only attribute)
    Then, late at night when nobody is around....
        Shut down the web server on the old one.  Copy the data files to a
third server on the network, unplug the old server from the network, plug
in the new one, then copy the files back to the new server, and voila!

Al Musella, DPM
Musella Foundation