Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I was hoping someone could offer me some advice. A company I working for would
like to start exposing some of their internal systems to the outside world
using webservices. Obviously we want to do this in a secure and controlled
manner as possible. I was hoping to pass all requests through a single function
in a cfc. This cfc would examine the request, check passwords, ip adddresses
and validate data before calling the actual required function from another cfc
and passing data back to the client. I was thinking of doing this by passing an
xml packet as the only argument to the main cfc and then parsing this file to
determine the desired method, username, password and other arguments.

I'd like to know if this sounds like I'm heading in the right direction, or am
I talking total nonsense? Is there an already written framework for creating
webservices in a more controlled manner than just setting the odd cfc to
'remote'? I would be eternally grateful if anyone could assist.

Jim