> Is there a way to manually configure coldfusion 5 for use with IIS 7
> (when installing it fails to recognise IIS 7 as a web server so I'm
> forced to use the default). I know this can be manually done with MX
but
> not so sure about CF5. I've added the appropriate handlers and script
> mappings to no avail.

It turns out that you can't use the "browse" function to set up script
mappings for some old apps, but typing the path and file (iscf.dll) in
*lower case* corrects the issue, and surprisingly, even on a 64 bit
machine CF5 runs fine (as long as it's running in a 32 bit application
pool).

I'm sure I will encounter more problems along the way, so am still open
to suggestions and recommendations at this point. At this stage I'm
definitely of the opinion it is better for me to learn Apache and just
run with that.

Mark