Thanks, Cutter, I need to go a step above that with Ext.

What I'd like to do is:
launch two windows (one main with attribute show="true" and the other small one
with attribute show="false") then upon certain event or its trigger, send one
form element to the small window (its underlying cf script), then, run a query,
change the attribute show to "true" and display data while main window stays
open, so the small window sort is floating over the main one.  Easy to do with
cf8 but haven't found helpful resources to do the same with EXT.

Currently I'm using ColdExt for window management, the starter question is, how
create an Ext js function similar to cf8's ColdFusion.navigate, which would
submit the form, and then, I could reference the var for the small window and
use the Ext method of show to display it, like varSmallWin.show();

Or alternatively, lauch main window, upon an event trigger launch the small
window and send a form element to the small win and have it float over the main
window.

Much appreciated.

Don