On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Jenny Gavin-Wear <
jenn...@fasttrackonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm installing Helm3 with CF7. Is there anything special I need to do to
> restrict the use of some Coldfusion tags (file and directory, for example)
> or will Helm take care of that for me?

You should look into sandbox... because I'll tell you right off the bat,
disabled tags is the one reason why godaddy never worked for my hosting
needs.

If you can't use cfcreateobject or cfdirectory it's just a pain...

BUT I don't understand IF you enable sandbox, select a folder which is the
web folder of one of your websites as an example IF something like
cfdirectory is allowed beyond that folder.

So if you had the main root of your whole IIS folder locked completely. No
tags, no nothing...

Sanbox locked down 100% no datasources no tags etc.
D:\wwwroot

Sandbox restricted to this folder.allowing all tags.
D:\wwwroot\siteName

Does that keep cfdirectory from being able to see below siteName?

If that's the case I would go this route. You may need to setup these
settings manually when you add new websites by logging into administrator
but I believe this is how hosts are doing it.

Casey