Do you use Verity or ODBC services?  If not, you can just restore the
folder and the jrunsvc -install command to install each instance as a
service.  I blogged about this here,
http://www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/7/22/You-learn-something-new-every-day.

If you restore IIS (assuming you use IIS) from an XML export, all of the
settings for the wsconfig come along for the ride as well.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX
www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog