The only issue I have with having it in global scope and just "using" it in
the tag is that it does not look cleaner to me. You will have other
attributes passed into the tag and one var of UDFs with global scope
(app/request) will be directly referred to in the tag. I can't think of a
reason why it would bite in buttocks. I guess, it's a matter of preference.