On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Brian Dumbledore wrote:
> When my cf application server goes down, I want a backup machine (warm backup
> I guess) to take over. Should be a simple IP switch from one machien to
> another if possible.

That is a very common scenario (because you usually can use a single
software license on both machines). Lots of solutions exist for it,
the most common probably being the Linux heartbeat program:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/heartbeat

As long as it is just for your application server a simple heartbeat
should do, if you use it for database servers or other servers where
multiple active nodes could cause problems make sue you combine it
with a STONITH solution.

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten