There are several methods that integrate well with CF.  First, what
type of barcode are you using?  If it is 3 of 8,  7 of 9,  or posta or
MICR l you can just grab a barcode font (there are some free ones out
there) and embed the font into a pdf document <cfdocument type="pdf>

That is the easiest method.

Stepping up in difficulty would be to purchase a bar code control.  Do
a google search, there are many different vendors/products out there.
You then would call the dll or ocx using <cfmethod>.  You can set up
any of the attributes necessary and there is usually an output method
of some kind that you would call to place the bar code in your
document.

The advantage of using a control is they usually can handle all bar
code types including 2D types and international postal codes along
with UPC, GS1-128 and all the others.  The disadvantage is it is a bit
more programming to make it all work.

There are third party bar code generation programs out there as well
that can generate the code and pass it back to you as an object which
you would then embed in your document.  These can be costly if you run
high volume.  Another option to consider though depending on your
situation.

I do bar codes all the time right now.  It really isn't that difficult.

--S
  ^