> I'm doing a computer forensic investigation on a bad hard drive with Cold
> Fusion MX7
> installed.  I'm trying to find out if the installed version is Enterprise or
> Standard.  Is
> there a way I can determine in the version is Enterprise or Standard just by
> looking at
> the files on the hard drive.  Please note that I'm viewing this drive as an
> external drive,
> so I cannot actually run the Cold Fusion, I can only look at the files and
> their content.
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

While you've already gotten the answer to your immediate question, for
future reference, it's pretty easy to copy CF from the working copy of
your preserved forensic environment and run it in a separate
environment without actually installing it. This is true for most J2EE
application servers I've seen.

Simply copy the entire CF directory to another drive, then find the
batch file or executable used to start it as an application. If you're
using a standalone version of CF without a full copy of JRun, the file
in question is cfstart.bat. If you're using a version with jrun, you'd
run jrun.exe with the -start switch and the name of the specific EAR
you were trying to start.

If CF wasn't previously configured to provide its own web server,
you'll need to edit the appropriate configuration file as described
here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/adv_development/config_builtin_webserver/

CF, being Java under the covers, is quite portable.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more informa