Hi.  I've used code like this vastly simplified Application.cfc example for a
couple years now, in CF7 and CF8:

<cfcomponent>
<cfscript>
this.name = "My Application";
this.sessionManagement = true;
</cfscript>

<cflock timeout="5" type="exclusive" scope="session"><cfset session.x = "y"
/></cflock>
</cfcomponent>

I can't figure out what else I have changed, but suddenly last week it stopped
working on my development server.  I've checked this on a number of servers,
and the code above just doesn't work (including on a server where the actual
live code is running fine).  My actual live code cfincludes a page in
Application.cfc that actually tries to lock the session scope.

I just pulled a known working configuration from svn and updated my development
server with that, restarted ColdFusion, and THAT won't work either.  This is a
standalone 32-bit ColdFusion 8 instance on IIS 6.

I'm wondering what in the world I'm missing.  Maybe someone else can point out
something stupid I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
- Andrew.