Thanks, I meant to post the actual error but I guess I forgot.  Here it is:

Cannot lock SESSION scope.
Cannot use cflock to lock the application or session shared scopes without
these scopes being established through the use of the cfapplication tag. To use
the session scope you need to enable session management. Application and/or
Session variables must also be enabled in the ColdFusion Administrator.

I do also have session variables enabled in ColdFusion Administrator.

Thanks again,
- Andrew.