I had a situation like this where the client need to generate some numbers
for ordering.
I did this with MySQL and MS Access so you should (in theory) be able to do
this with Oracle.

I created a read only account and had them install the MyODBC driver on
their machine, Then I had them create a new table in Access then
> New
>  Link Table
> ODBC DataBase
> Machine Data source
> New

And then created a data source pointing the MySQL server using the MySQL
ODBC Driver and Access pulled in all the tables.

>From there they could build and run queries, generate reports, export to
Excel etc using a  tool that they already knew. It was pretty slick
actually.

HTH
G!