Hi,

I'm not aware of such a book, but have you tried something like :

function refreshActiveTab(){
        try{
                var mySelectedTab = <cfoutput>'#url.selectedTab#'</cfoutput>
                ColdFusion.Layout.selectTab("myTabs", mySelectedTab);
                return;
                }
        catch(err){}
}
function addLoadEvent(func) {
  var oldonload = window.onload;
  if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {
    window.onload = func;
  } else {
    window.onload = function() {
      oldonload();
      func();
    }
  }
}
addLoadEvent(refreshActiveTab);

Where "refreshActiveTab" should hold the needed disabletabs of yours..
I use this to do something else, but why shouldn't it work in your case...?