You may be correct.  But developers aren't the only ones reading TechCrunch,
bosses read it.  Something like that is all it takes to create self doubt
whether they're developing on the right platform.

I have seen plenty of companies spend big bucks because they were convinced
to move away from CF.  Lots of times the end result is worse than the CF
solution they left behind.  Sometimes their best developers leave as well
and it takes them years to recover.

rick