Hello, I have one page that loops over form variables analyzes the variables
and with cfif statements makes decisions on whether to do a SQL update, delete
or insert and I occasionally get SQL deadlocks.

Transaction (Process ID 51) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer
resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
Rerun the transaction.

On the SQL deadlocks do I need to optimize my CF code to avoid them, or
optimize my database?  Or both?

I just took out all of the evaluates() in the CF code.  Anything else I can do
on the page to make it run better and avoid deadlocks?

The table has 300,000 records, a primary and foreign key and 9 columns.

I have a feeling in need to optimize my data and not the CF code.

Any input is appreciated!
Thanks,
Chad