Thanks Tom, I found this article on trouble shooting deadlocks and it was quite
helpful.  I think I need to create an index on the table.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bartd/archive/2006/09/09/Deadlock-Troubleshooting_2C00_-Part-1.aspx

In step 4 of the article I ran the Analyze Query in DTA and its recommendation
was to create an index.  At least I think that is what it is telling me.  DTA
had this T-SQL in the "definition"

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [_dta_index_JobTicketColor_5_662345474__K2_K3_1] ON
[dbo].[JobTicketColor]
(
        [JobTicketID] ASC,
        [ColorName] ASC
)
INCLUDE ( [JobTicketColorID]) WITH (SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF,
DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]

I will read up on what this T-SQL is doing before running it.