From: b...@bradwood.com [mailto:b...@bradwood.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:04 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: ColdFusion|JRun CPU and|or memory problem.

Is the jrun process specifically consuming the CPU usage, or is another
process using it?  Is SQL Server or any thing else also running on this box?

Also, how much memory does jrun usually use?  What are you min and max heap
arguments?  Windows may have 1 Gig allocated to jrun, but you may only be
using a portion of it.

Another quick place to check are scheduled tasks in CF.

Ditto on the CF server monitoring.  It is bad news, period.  I hate to say
it but memory tracking is virtually unusable in my experience because it has
instantly crashed the server any time I've even tried to enable it-- even if
only for a few seconds.

And finally, buy SeeFusion.  It's like 300 bucks and it makes it dang easy
to watch your memory, get stack traces (for a specific thread, or the whole
server) and it will show you what is running and what SQL it is calling.

~Brad