Hi Dave,

I was hoping you'd jump in, since you always know more about server
configuration than the rest of us combined.

So just to make sure I'm clear:

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Dave Watts <dwa...@figleaf.com> wrote:

> Full control of those directories is NOT required. In fact, you can
> run CF as a very limited user. It will need control over its own
> directories, and at least read/execute over your web content (more if
> you plan to use CFFILE, etc).

So as long as I have the correct permissions on the CF install directory and
on the directories containing my content (in and out of the actual web
root), I'm good, right? No need to set any permissions on the Windows
directories at all?

The old KB article also says to give the user full control of the registry
key /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/.

Is that still necessary? Was it ever?

--
Thanks,