I suspect that the point is more that the pricing on CFB is, as of
yet, unknown, so it becomes a question of whether you want to spend a
lot of time becoming familiar with a product which will likely be a
commercial product (with unknown pricing) or with a tool that you know
will continue to be free.

Obviously the calculus will change when Adobe finally puts out pricing
info for CFB. I suspect that the adoption group will differ depending
on whether it is priced at $49 or $349. As for why anyone would think
it might cost an arm and a leg, I would suggest that the most likely
comparison is to Flex Builder. And as of Flex Builder 3, there are two
versions, costing $249 and $699.  Visual Studio 2008 comes in at $299
and $799. So it is not unreasonable to presume that CFBuilder would be
priced somewhere in that range.

Judah