> But why not do the conversion on the Access side before migrating to
> MySQL? In Access you can simply rename the tables to the case you use
> in your queries before you convert them.

IIRC there is a setting in my.cnf that will automatically lower case table
names.

To turn it off you have to set it to 0
--lower-case-table-names=0

I think that the default setting is to lower case table names... It was a
while back so forgive me if I am hazy on the details.

More details can be found here:

http://www.heidisql.com/forum.php?t=667#p3653
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

The way I got a round it was to either do a search and replace and lower
case the table names in the code or to change the table names in the
database using a MySQL GUI. Again, I forget the details, I was in a bit of a
rage at the time. ;)

HTH

G!