You could dynamically name the lock to use the same name (only one
report runs at once) or use a unique name (allow multiples to run).
Still, mitigation, not a fix.

I think the lack of responses is because this may be tightly coupled
to your implementation and is not general enough for constructive
that you're problem is too specific to you. Maybe someone will have a
Eureka moment. :)

- Gabriel