What do I need to know about upgrading from CF8 to CF9 on a Solaris 10
server?  Do I dare to try some type of upgrade path?  Much of what I
have read on the 'internets' say that archive, uninstall, install clean,
and restore archive is a more recommended path.  Do the members of
CF-Talk agree with this?

If so, how does one go about uninstalling CF8 from a Solaris 10 machine,
I've never done that before.  I see the following instructions in the
documentation:

Uninstall ColdFusion from UNIX

    1. Log in as root.

    2. Enter the following command to go to the cf_webapp_root/uninstall
directory:
       cd cf_webapp_root/uninstall

    3. Enter the following command:
       ./uninstall.sh

    4. When the program completes, remove any remaining files and
directories in the cf_webapp_root directory.

Does the "cf_webapp_root" indicate I need to do this once for each
ColdFusion instance|server in the JRun directory?  If so, what does this
do with the JRun - if anything?  Does JRun need to be uninstalled
separately or not at all?

Am I looking at this completely wrong, do I install CF9 just as new
sever(s) under my existing JRun?  Is CF9 expecting to use an upgraded
JVM then came with the original CF8?  If it wants new can I upgrade the
JVM without bothering the CF8 servers and then install new CF9 server.

As you can see, I have many questions since I am such a newbe at this
Solaris flavor of CF and I suspect little of my decade of experience
with installing, uninstalling and upgrading Windows flavors apply to
this new situation.