After reading my answer, I realize the way I worded it may be
confusing.  Here's an example.

On your form:
<input type="hidden" name="Val1_orig" value="#val1#">
<input type="text" name="Val1" value="#val1#">

On your processing page.

<cfif form.Val1 neq form.Val1_orig>
    <!--- this element has been changed. --->
</cfif>

That's the basics of what I was trying to get at.

thanks,

eric cobb
ecar technologies, llc
http://www.cfgears.com