Another test comes to mind. I'd change the call to run a report to do
something else like write a text file that's named using a UUID. Does
that file get written again 5 minutes later?

Testing to see if the main task runs twice for everything or if
there's some relationship between running twice and making a CFHTTP
call.

- Gabriel