Using Git, CSV or subversion is super easy with Eclipse.

You can maintain a local repo that tracks the changes you do, and also
allows you to synch with a remote repo when you want to push a final code
change.

I like Git and Github a lot since it is free and easy to collaborate with,
and I prefer to use EGit in Eclipse, it is simple to set up, and can have
you up and running with a local repo in a few minutes.

It is a good Idea to test locally before trying to work with a large repo,
you do need to understand a few key terms before doing the big stuff, but it
is well documented.

http://www.eclipse.org/egit/

I also use TortoiseGit, which is a standalone gui for GIT. Tortoise also
makes standalone gui's for Subversion and CSV.

 http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/