On 3/15/10, fun and learning wrote:
> Have any of you faced a situation where the place you work does not have a
> version control software, and in that case what are the best way to maintain
> code files on your development machine?

I have had a few of those cases. In all but one the answer was to take
the time to start using version control. The one case where I have
worked without version control was a client where ColdFusion was EOL,
the other people lacked the skills and they had a very extensive
system of scheduled tasks for change management and backups based on
directory diff and merge. Those circumstances are quite exceptional,
in general the answer is just to start using some sort of version
control.

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten