On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Mary Jo Sminkey <mary...@cfwebstore.com>wrote:

> > I'm looking for a shopping cart that I can use to take order that are
> > subscription based on reoccurring purhases. I've looked at Google's
> > offering which is EXPERIMENTAL and Authorize.net's service.  Can
> > anyone recommend a service that easy to manage?  Both Google and
> > Authorize.net require working with XML data and I'm not quite sure how
> > to work with their integration. Any examples of how to work with that
> > would be awesome!
>

> If you are looking to mostly roll your own, here's a CFC for the AuthNet
> Recurring API:
>
> http://authorizenetrecurring.riaforge.org/
>

> Another option is to use a processor like Shift4 that uses tokens. This way
> you can just save the token and use that for each recharge, and easily
> handle cancellations/changes to the subscription solely on your end.

ABS Subscriptions at Authorize.net suck!

1. Notifications on payments are not reliable.
2. Expired Cards are not updated - Nice little cheat her, you can update a
credit card adding 2 years to the experation year and it works a fair amount
without customer interaction.
3. I know there was a 3rd but I'll stop here I can't remember the exact
reason why we switched to CIM processing but it's amazing... you just need
to handle your own recurring cycles and re-charge attempts based on decline
reasons.

It's a bit more work going CIM route, but then again I know 100% what's
valid in my system every day, what's in re-try mode for declines, what we
canceled because of re-try attempts that continue to decline etc.

Think that's similar to Shift4 they provide a Authorize.Net provides a
CustomerID and PaymentID because you can have multiple cards associated with
one profile. then you just select the CustomerId PaymentId and amount to
charge each month.

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/cim/