>I'm not sure what I wrote that triggered that, but no, that's not what
>I mean at all...I just meant that if Adobe charges $300 for an original
>product, then a product that derives so much benefit from other currently
>functioning and successful programs should sell for less.

For what it's worth, I think the product should sell for less (and separately
than FlashBuilder if necessary to get it there) but not for this reason. If you
really look at what CFB is doing, there's a lot that is not just building off
what already exists and I have no doubt a lot of work went into making it. It's
been rushed to market a tad premature perhaps, but it's certainly not just a
CFEclipse retread. I just wish Adobe would see that for the language to be
successful, they need to do more to attract developers. A low-priced IDE could
have really helped in that respect. The pricing on this product seems once
again solely focused on the existing market, not towards growing it.