On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Rick Faircloth
<r...@whitestonemedia.com> wrote:
> I agree that it would be a good price for those who want to do Flash work.

Flash Builder is about Flex, not Flash - in terms of "fancy graphics".

Andrew said:
> In other words, right now they are banking on everyone upgrading to Flash
> Builder 4, or purchasing Flash Builder 4 and you get it for free.

That's a bit misleading. Folks who upgrade to Flash Builder *Premium*
will get CF Builder for free. Flash Builder *Standard* ($249) does not
include CF Builder.

It seems to me they're trying to encourage CFers to try Flex (you get
Flash Builder Standard free with CF Builder) which is a good thing -
to expand the Flex user base and help CFers up their game on UI stuff
(as well as encouraging more OO usage).

They're also trying to expose high(er)-end Flex devs to CFML which is
definitely a good thing. We (CFers) already know CFML is the best back
end language for Flex but a lot of those Flex devs use Java (or PHP or
whatever) for their back ends...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/