> Additionally you can make the request a little lighter by just making a HEAD
> request instead of a get or post.
>
> <cfhttp url="http://www.andymatthews.net"; method="head"></cfhttp>
>
> It doesn't return the entire body of the site in the filecontent key.

Well, this really depends on how the site was written, I think. If
you're writing something with CF, and someone makes an HTTP HEAD
request, it's up to you to abort processing to prevent the execution
of the page after generation of HTTP response headers.

It's possible that the web server truncates the request anyway, and
that behavior may be dependent on the specific web server for all I
know, but you're typically more concerned (as the publisher) with
reducing the amount of time needed to respond to the request.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.