Subject: Re: cfhttp Connection Failure
From: Sue Buck <sue.b...@avsi.co.uk>
Date: Tue, April 20, 2010 8:20 am
To: cf-talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately my client is phasing out
ColdFusion so upgrading is not an option.

I've installed Wireshark and using
 <cfhttpparam type="Header" name="Accept-Encoding" value="*">
 <cfhttpparam type="Header" name="TE" value="deflate;q=0">
get the same headers as shown in the brook-bilson example with CF 8.0.1
with no CHF (which in the example returned the data uncompressed) but
the headers show that I'm still getting the data back compressed.

Do you think that the laterooms server is ignoring the TE header?

I also looked at the headers using the java.net.URL approach and it does
not send an Accept-Encoding or a TE header just an Accept header. I've
tried imitating this but the cfhttp tag always adds Accept-Encoding and
TE headers.