> ...and so on.  With HTML forms, if two or more form elements have the same
> name, the values of all active form elements with that name will be put into
> a comma-delimited list and show up in ColdFusion as a single variable with a
> list of values, as you experienced.  This is great for checkboxes (getting a
> list of the ones that were checked that share a name), but not so great for
> submit buttons.

Actually, it's great for submit buttons too! Only the one that is
clicked will be sent to the action page. I've used this approach for
many years, and I prefer it to giving the submit buttons different
names.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsit