> You will need to have a different name, and then check that value. Since
> your buttons both have the same name, the value for both will be in the form
> scope as you have seen.

Again, that's not correct. You can certainly have submit buttons with
the same name and different values.

There are at least five types of form fields that don't pass their
values to the action page in all cases: checkboxes, radio buttons,
selected options in a select box, images, and submit buttons.

> I always just do a regular button, and change the form action via
> Javascript.

That's not going to degrade very well if JavaScript is disabled.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.