The first thing I look at when people say they have a memory leak is
the session variables. More than once I've identified the cause of a
clients problems in a few minutes by looking at how much data they put
into session variables, how long the timeout is, and how often they
are hit by bots.
Think of it this way. A bot comes to the site. It gets a session. The
session exists for X time. The same bot comes to a different page. It
gets a NEW session which exists for X time. It might look like a small
amount of memory for a session but on really big sites (a million
pages), it builds fast and can crash hard.

http://www.blogoffusion.com/112805-pseudomemory-leak.cfm

--
Michael Dinowitz
Lead Author - Adobe Coldfusion Anthology