From: Mark A. Kruger [mailto:mkru...@cfwebtools.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:15 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: Avoiding SQL deadlocks

Even in a larger application.... if, for example, you are supported 150k
users against a database. Say there is regular uniform logging going on  -
say search results or whatever. Whether the code is in different files or
not if insert update queries are being run against the same tables you may
suffer DB performance issues (including deadlocks). It's not wether the code
is split - it's how the DB is being used and how much pressure is put on
shared resources.

Mark A. Kruger, MCSE, CFG
(402) 408-3733 ext 105
Skype: markakruger