On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Matt Robertson wrote:

> Well, I guess it is a bag-on-Eric thread after all.

I still say it's a mindset.  :-)

And just to take a second and address the "not free" thoughts:

*The following comments are aimed at a mindset, not specific people.*

It is 100% possible to pull yourself up by the bootstraps, with 0
investment of money.

Besides the easy way of having the client pay for the needed
resources, there's *all kinds* of ways to get stuff "for free".

Lots of places will donate computers if you've got a worthy cause.
Sometimes just to get them off their hands and for tax purposes, even.
 Same goes for software, and really, just about anything you can think
of.  People are human, and humans can be pretty awesome.

My first "whole" computer (I'd built many from scratch prior) I got
after doing a Wiccan spell.  I kid you not.

Of course, I worked towards the spell's goal, as pretty much
everything in that category requires (you don't just sit and pray, you
pray and try, so to speak).

I was doing volunteer work at the time.  Not 100% volunteer, because I
was getting paid in food, but the food was just a bonus.  I love what
I do.  That I can make money (or get free food) doing it is just mind
blowing.  Everyone should "love their job" (maybe.  It's a little
harder to draw lines when you enjoy it so. ).

Anyways, I wanted a new computer, and I also wanted to test wiccan
spells.  I did the spell, and then kept my eyes open, so to speak.
The volunteer work led to some excess hardware, which I was able to in
turn trade for new hardware.  Things just kept falling into place.

God talks to me through coincidence.  Or, more specifically, synchronicity.

Or maybe it's aliens or my subconscious or something, I haven't really
nailed that one down.  But for sure the key is coincidence.

If I'd ignored the "messages from the Universe", or wrote them off as
being "mere coincidence", I never would have gotten to where I am
today.  I'd be slinging drugs or flipping burgers or some such (or
maybe a billionaire, who knows, really, but I digress, as this is a
story...).

So my advice is to Listen, as the Universe speaks to us all the time.

Woohaa!

:Denny

--
Jesus, did you see what GOD just did to us man??
 -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the movie)